Thai Prawn Rice Noodle Salad
Thai prawn and rice noodle salad is very easy to make and, in addition, is healthy and delicious.
It will take less than half an hour to complete your Thai prawn and rice noodle salad. with 25 minutes to prepare the salad and just 5 minutes to cook it.
A Thai prawn and rice noodle salad can be eaten in one of two ways. It can either be served warm as a main dish or it can be served cold as part of a barbecue.
To serve 2 you will need:
- 1 medium tomato that has been diced
- 1/2 kg of prawns that have been cooked and peeled
- 95g of rice vermicelli
- 100ml of Thai peanut sauce
- 2 spring onions that have been diced
To make your Thai prawn and rice noodle salad first take a large saucepan of water and bring this to the boil. Next add the rice vermicelli and cook this for approximately 7 minutes before you drain off all the water. After you have done this, take a bowl and mix together the tomato, spring onions, rice vermicelli, peanut sauce and prawns. Once all these ingredients have been mixed well together take the bowl, having first covered it, and place in your fridge for at least 9 hours.
Thai Salad Made with Cashew NutsAnother variation on the Thai salad theme is Thai salad with cashew nuts. This tasty salad can take approximately half an hour to complete and is delicious.
To make your Thai and cashew nuts salad for 2 you will need:
- A medium sized cucumber that has been peeled, finely sliced and halved
- 1 heaped teaspoons of cashew nuts that have been chopped
- Half a bunch of fresh chives
- A medium bag of salad leaves
- Some vegetable oil for frying To make the dressing you will require
- The juice from 1 medium lime
- 1/2 a tablespoon of clear honey
- 1/2 a tablespoon of soy sauce
- 3/4 of a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
First take either a deep fat fryer, wok or large saucepan and heat up the oil. To test if the oil has reached the required temperature (approximately 180 degrees C) you can use bread cubes and drop them in the oil of your wok or saucepan as it heats up. It is very important to be extra careful when frying oil and never leave the pan, wok or fryer unattended and never fill more than a third full of oil.
Next take the ingredients for the dressing and mix together. The chives can be deep fried for approximately 30 seconds before removing and draining them on kitchen paper. After you have done this, take the mixed salad leaves and cucumber and mix together in the dressing, ensuring they are well coated with the dressing. Once you have done this, place the mixed salad leaves and cucumber on a dish and place the chives and cashew nuts on top.