Orange Soy Salad Dressing
Orange soy salad dressing is delicious and easy to make.
Orange Soy Salad DressingYou will need:
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1/2 a cup of pineapple juice
- 1/2 a cup of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of Teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
First take a jar, with a lid that can be secured, and place all the ingredients inside before shaking well, ensuring that they all combine.
Another variation on the orange soy salad dressing is this recipe.
You will need:
- 2 teaspoons of orange rind
- 1/2 a cup of orange juice. If you are using fresh oranges this equates to approximately 3 oranges
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Some salt and pepper
- A tablespoon of reduced sodium soy sauce
- A teaspoon of honey
- An approximately 4cm piece of ginger root
First grate the rind of the oranges and squeeze the juice from them. Next take the ginger and peel and grate, before crushing the garlic cloves. Once you have done this take a jar with a screw top and place inside the orange juice, soy sauce, orange rind, garlic, honey ,ginger, salt and pepper. After you have ensured that the lid is firmly affixed shake the jar, ensuring all the ingredients are combined.
Spinach, Almonds and CroutonsOrange soy dressing is ideal for many salads including spinach salad with almonds and sweet potato croutons.To make this delicious salad you will need, for the candied almonds, the following ingredients:
- 1/2 a cup of almonds
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons of cooking oil
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of brown rice syrup
For the salad you will need:
- A cup of spinach leaves
- A shredded beet
- 2 oranges that have been peeled and chopped
- A carrot that has been shredded
For Sweet Potato Croutons you will need:
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- Some cooking oil
First you should take a baking tray and spread the almonds out before drizzling with syrup and oil. Next place under a grill at medium heat until the almonds have a slightly brown appearance. Once this has been achieved, remove the almonds from the grill and put to one side so that they may cool off. Next slice the sweet potatoes into cubes. Once this is done place the cubes into a bowl with the spices and mix well.
Next place the contents onto a baking tray, having first placed cooking foil on top of the tray's surface, and drizzle some oil over the potatoes. You should then bake them on a medium heat for around 15 minutes, ensuring that the potatoes have softened enough. Next take the croutons and lightly brown under the grill.
For the salad you need to take all the ingredients and mix them well in a bowl, adding the croutons, almonds and salad dressing.